- 1¼ cups sifted flour
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1¼ cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- pinch of salt
- 5 scant tablespoons very fine sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
2. Brush a heavy 8- to 10-inch skillet or crêpe pan lightly with oil. Set over moderately high heat until pan is just beginning to smoke. Remove from heat and pour a scant ¼ cup batter into middle of pan. Quickly tilt pan in all directions to cover. Pour any batter that does not adhere back into bowl.
3. Return pan to heat. Cook until crepe sets, about 30 seconds. Use your fingers or a straight 14 inch spatula to carefully flip crepe and cook until done, about 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.
Sweet crepes also provide worthy wrappers for Nutella, fresh berries; caramelized apples, pears, peaches or plums; custards; and jam. .Also, dollops of whipped cream and just plain maple syrup always enhance the experience..